We are Resilient Romans
365体育足球比分In our new vision and strategy that launched at the beginning of the year, it states that Latin has been redefining educational excellence for 130 years. Like all great schools, education must evolve for our ever-changing world. Who could have predicted our world would change so much? This pandemic has forced us to redefine how we learn; how we teach; how we communicate; how we lead; how we act as a community. In our first week of remote learning, we proved we could pivot quickly and hold together in an emergency. Going forward, we will prove that whether remote or in person, the conditions for excellence in learning are created and sustained through teacher-student connection.
365体育足球比分The links below include overviews, online resources, guidelines and expectations for each division.
- There is no clear time equivalence between remote and classroom learning, except that remote learning is more efficient.
- Remote learning can be just as effective as classroom learning (if not more).
- Students can enjoy remote learning just as much as classroom learning (if not more if remote learning is designed to be more directly interactive).
3 Tips for Social Emotional Wellness During Remote Learning
- Set up a specific space for remote learning to take place.
Find spots that promote productive, focused work and ensure you have all the necessary supplies to begin remote learning.
- Stay healthy and charged.
Take breaks between lessons to stretch, hydrate, or just unplug.
- Bring your best self to each remote learning lesson.
Take a deep breath and mentally prepare for the lesson ahead.
We may be apart, but we are still #RomansTogether
365体育足球比分As we kick off remote learning, we are also kicking off a social media campaign focused on keeping us together as a community. Please consider sharing a quick photo or video of your work-from-home-space as a way of connecting with students and each other this week. Feel free to include the people (and pets!) who are keeping you company.
You can send the photos directly to email@example.com
If you don't feel like sharing, you can still follow along at